ISO 27001 stands for Information Security Management System, the first of Oct 2013,ISO 27001: 2013 standards was replaced with ISO 27001:2005, in this new ISO standard mainly focus on an organization information system and make it more confidential and secure according to guidelines. ISO 27001 was developed to make a better information security management system for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improvement for a company.
ISO 27001 Certification uses a top down, risk-based approach and is technology impartial. The requirements define a six-part designing process:
- Define a security policy.
- Define the scope of the ISMS.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Manage known risks.
- Select management objectives and controls to be enforced.
- Prepare a press release of relevancy.
Benefits Of ISO 27001:2013
- Keeps Information secure.
- Provides customers and stakeholders confidently in however you manage risk.
- Allows for secure exchange of data.
- Allows you to make sure you’re meeting your legal obligations.
- Helps you to go with different laws (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)).
- Provide you with a competitive advantage.
- Enhanced client satisfaction that improves shopper retention.
- Consistency within the delivery of your service or products.
- Manages and minimizes risk coverage.
- Builds a culture of security.
- Protects the corporate, assets, sharehol ders and administrators